WHAT I KNOW FOR SURE
First of all, there is nothing wrong with you, okay? You are inherently whole and worthy just as you are. You are so much more than what has happened to you or what you are struggling with right now. Even if it feels like that’s all you can think about, there are time-tested tools we can use to get you back to living the life you want to live.
100% of you is allowed to show up for therapy. You can take off your shoes and cozy up on the couch with a cup of tea, or we can sit outside or go for a walk if that feels more comfortable. I welcome humor and laughter as well as the darker emotions. This is a space you can cry about as well as laugh at the absurdities of life.
I am not prim and proper, and you don’t have to be either. Your kids are allowed to make messes in my office. Heck, YOU are allowed to be a mess in my office! If you want a therapist who can roll with sarcasm and relate to the messiness of life, you’ve come to the right place.
I am body/size positive and work from a Health at Every Size (HAES) approach, which means I believe that your worth or value has absolutely no relation to your physical appearance, size, weight, physical abilities, or body type.
I WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF:
- You feel constantly overwhelmed and disconnected from your life.
- Your child or teen is often anxious, worried, or has experienced a traumatic event.
- You feel like you aren’t fulfilling any of your roles very well and are stretched too thin.
- You feel haunted by your past, reliving traumatic events or re-enacting how you were parented.
- You or your child experience symptoms of OCD.
You may feel like you don’t perfectly fit into any of these areas, and that’s okay. Most of my clients don’t fit into a ‘box’. If you feel drawn to work with me, let’s talk!
Meghan Rasnake, LCSW
License State and Number: TN License State and Number: TN 0570